Our specialist periodontist help patients to achieve and maintain the best possible periodontol health. The treatment philosophy embraces the best available periodontal and implant care and hygiene with proven effectiveness.
WHAT IS PERIODONTICS?
Periodontology (periodontics) is the specific aspect of dentistry that studies the supporting structures of the teeth and the diseases that affect them. The supporting structures or tissues are collectively known as the periodontium which comprises of the gums (or gingiva), cementum, alveolar region and pariodontal ligament.
Periodontal treatment includes:
- Treatment of Gingivitis (inflamed or bleeding gums)
- Treatment of periodontal disease (disease affecting gum tissue and underlying bone)
- Gum disease treatment around implants - Peri-implantitis
- Correction of uneven gum line (crown lengthening)
- Cosmetic gum craft to correct gum shrinkage
- Treatment of bad breath (halitosis)
- Dental implant treatment
Ther are many forms of periodontal disease often resulting from bacterial build-up on the teeth and gums. Over time and untreated, this can lead to inflammation of the gums.